Presentations: Celent Banking Innovation and Insight Day 2012
Celent’s Fifth Annual Banking Innovation and Insight Day, featuring representatives from more than 30 banks and the Celent Banking group, was a unique opportunity to explore how banks are leveraging technology in innovative ways to differentiate themselves in the increasingly competitive and challenging marketplace.
This event covered a variety of best practices and offered fresh perspective on the future of digital banking, mobile banking, payments trends and technologies, and more.
Senior Vice President Bart Narter set the stage for the day by highlighting the shifts in the market.
Jacob Jegher moderated a panel discussion titled Tablet Mania: Banking Will Never Be the Same. Panelists included:
- Jimmy Dinh, Senior Director of Mobile Banking Strategy and Planning, CIBC
- Jeff Easley, Assistant Vice President, Deposits Product Management, USAA
- Joe Jordan, Director of eChannels & Payment Solutions, StellarOne
What’s Next in Mobile Banking and Payments, a panel discussion moderated by Bart Narter, included:
- Brian Pearce, SVP, Head of Mobile Channel, Wells Fargo
- Ginger Schmeltzer, SVP, Digital Channels, SunTrust Bank
- Todd Schofield, Managing Director, SC Studios, Standard Chartered Bank
Celent’s Model Bank Awards were presented by Senior Analyst Bob Meara. RHB Bank Berhad earned the distinction of Model Bank of the Year. For more on Model Bank, see the Celent reports Celent Model Bank 2012: Case Studies of Effective Technology Usage in Banking and Branch Transformation at RHB Bank: Making It Look Easy.
In The Disruptors, Jacob Jegher and the panel discussed regulatory shifts, customer demands, technology advances, and shifting business models. Panelists included:
- Antonio Benjamin, Chief Technology Officer, Managing Director, Citi Transaction Services and Citi Enterprise Payments
- Scott McCormack, CEO, Social Money/SmartyPig
The day closed with a peer discussion on finding additional sources of revenue.
For more information about the event, or the Model Bank awards, please contact Steve Nawrocki at 617.262.3128 or email@example.com.