UK Mobile Payments
Create a vendor selection project
Click to express your interest in this report
Indication of coverage against your requirements
A subscription is required to activate this feature. Contact us for more info.
Celent have reviewed this profile and believe it to be accurate.
We are waiting for the vendor to publish their solution profile. Contact us or request the RFX.
Projects allow you to export Registered Vendor details and survey responses for analysis outside of Marsh CND. Please refer to the Marsh CND User Guide for detailed instructions.
Download Registered Vendor Survey responses as PDF
Contact vendor directly with specific questions (ie. pricing, capacity, etc)
4 May 2012
In the last few months the UK mobile payments scene has really come alive. Assuming I have the right combination of phone/ card/ MNO/ etc., as a consumer today I can already sign up to and start using:
- Quick Tap, an NFC payments solution from Barclaycard and Orange
- PayTag, a contactless sticker from Barclays
- PingIt, a mobile P2P service from Barclays (see my earlier blog)
- Simply Tap from Mobile Money Network (see my earlier blog)
- PayPal mobile app
- O2 wallet, launched just last week
- Mobile wallet from Vodafone and Visa partnership announced in February
- V.me wallet from Visa - UK will be one of the first countries to launch in Europe
- Bank account-based P2P services built on the Mobile Payments Platform being developed by the UK Payments Council and VocaLink
- Any services built on top of the infrastructure provided by Project Oscar, a JV from the leading MNOs, provided they get the necessary approvals from the EC (see my earlier blog)
[...] recently blogged about all the different mobile payments initiatives in the UK. As if not wanting to be left behind, [...]