Celent Model Asset Manager Awards
The Model Asset Manager Awards recognize best practices of technology usage in different areas critical to success in asset management, and is the main award that a financial firm in the industry can receive from Celent.
The nominations window for Model Asset Manager Awards 2019 is now open and will run through Friday, 16th November 2018. Winners will be notified in late January – early February and announced publicly in the Spring 2019.
For 2019, we will be accepting nominations in three categories: Operations and Risk, Core Transformation, and Emerging Innovation.
- Operations and Risk
Initiatives aimed at improving internal efficiency and risk management, including process automation, portfolio and risk data analytics, and cybersecurity. Example initiatives include:
- Use of non-conventional forms of data to perform and improve the accuracy of client and risk assessments
- Employ advanced analytics and machine learning/AI in ongoing portfolio risk monitoring and surveillance
- Effective deployment of Big data approaches and infrastructure to improve operational timeliness, efficiency and information quality
- Revamp risk and data management processes to leverage digital technologies towards real-time
- Core Transformation
Initiatives aimed at transformation and enhancement of incumbent/ legacy platforms, as well as new delivery sourcing models for the buy side (e.g., cloud). Example initiatives include:
- Front-to-back investment workflow enhancements – such as, open APIs, enhanced reconciliations, messaging standards and normalization
- Investment Book of Record (IBOR) reengineering and implementation
- Optimisation tools for existing incumbent platforms – such as, workflow monitoring, overlay tools for enhanced operational performance and efficient messaging
- Utilizing Robotic Process Automation (RPA) for operational efficiency
- Consolidation of application layers and sourcing options
- Emerging Innovation
Initiatives aimed at improving the capability to innovate and experiment with new technologies (e.g., blockchain, robotics, RPA, machine learning, voice/language processing, artificial intelligence, etc.) that demonstrate promise to transform the business. Example initiatives include:
- Interesting experiments/ proof-of-concept with emerging technologies (e.g. blockchain, robotics, artificial intelligence, machine learning, etc.) that demonstrate promise to transform the business.
- Production level machine learning, AI, DLT based solutions that demonstrate operational and economic savings.
- Alternative business models to reengineer or redefine the core asset management value proposition.