Celent Model Asset Manager Awards
The Model Asset Manager Awards recognize best practices of technology usage in different areas critical to success in asset management, and is the main award that a financial firm in the industry can receive from Celent.
The deadline for submissions is 11pm GMT on November 14 2019. Winners will be notified in late January – early February and announced publicly in April 2020.
For 2020, we will be accepting nominations in four categories: Innovation in Risk, Core Transformation, Innovation in the Front Office, and Distribution.
Nomination categories and Winners
- Innovation in Risk
Initiatives aimed at improving internal efficiency and risk management, including process automation, portfolio and risk data analytics, and cybersecurity. Example initiatives include:
- Use of non-conventional forms of data to perform and improve the accuracy of client and risk assessments.
- Employ advanced analytics and machine learning/AI in ongoing portfolio risk monitoring and surveillance.
- Effective deployment of Big data approaches and infrastructure to improve operational timeliness, efficiency and information quality.
- Revamp risk and data management processes to leverage digital technologies towards real-time.
- Core Transformation
Initiatives aimed at the transformation and enhancement of core systems and platforms toward a more modern architecture. Example initiatives include:
- Front-to-back investment workflow enhancements – such as, open APIs, enhanced reconciliations, messaging standards and normalization.
- Optimisation tools for existing incumbent platforms – such as, workflow monitoring, overlay tools for enhanced operational performance and efficient messaging.
- Utilizing Robotic Process Automation (RPA) for operational efficiency.
- Research management tools and investment decision support.
- Innovation in the Front Office
Initiatives aimed at innovation in investment decision support, trading technology & execution technology.
- Leveraging advanced technologies or alternative data for portfolio decision support, trading and execution.
- Optimization of portfolio manager (PM)/trader interface in communicating and implementing trading ideas.
- Trading technologies that leverage intelligence in automating trading and execution workflows.
Initiatives aimed at driving the consumption of manufactured investment product and solutions. Example initiatives include:
- Technology aimed at integrating the manufacturing and distribution functions, e.g. analytics and wholesaler support tools.
- Platforms that support the intermediary, e.g. advisor desktop technology and workflow enhancements.
- Alternative delivery models such as robo-advice and other customer-facing enhancements.