Celent Model Asset Manager Awards
Model Asset Manager submissions deadline extended until 11pm GMT on December 3 2019! Nominate your initiatives now.
The Model Asset Manager Awards recognize best practices of technology usage in different areas critical to success in asset management, and is the main award that a financial firm in the industry can receive from Celent.
The deadline for submissions is 11pm GMT on December 3 2019. Winners will be notified in late January – early February and announced publicly in April 2020.
For 2020, we will be accepting nominations in four categories: Innovation in Risk, Core Transformation, Innovation in the Front Office, and Distribution.
Nomination categories and Winners
- Innovation in Risk
Initiatives aimed at improving internal efficiency and risk management, including process automation, portfolio and risk data analytics, and cybersecurity. Example initiatives include:
- Use of non-conventional forms of data to perform and improve the accuracy of client and risk assessments.
- Employ advanced analytics and machine learning/AI in ongoing portfolio risk monitoring and surveillance.
- Effective deployment of Big data approaches and infrastructure to improve operational timeliness, efficiency and information quality.
- Revamp risk and data management processes to leverage digital technologies towards real-time.
- Core Transformation
Initiatives aimed at the transformation and enhancement of core systems and platforms toward a more modern architecture. Example initiatives include:
- Front-to-back investment workflow enhancements – such as, open APIs, enhanced reconciliations, messaging standards and normalization.
- Optimisation tools for existing incumbent platforms – such as, workflow monitoring, overlay tools for enhanced operational performance and efficient messaging.
- Utilizing Robotic Process Automation (RPA) for operational efficiency.
- Research management tools and investment decision support.
- Innovation in the Front Office
Initiatives aimed at innovation in investment decision support, trading technology & execution technology.
- Leveraging advanced technologies or alternative data for portfolio decision support, trading and execution.
- Optimization of portfolio manager (PM)/trader interface in communicating and implementing trading ideas.
- Trading technologies that leverage intelligence in automating trading and execution workflows.
Initiatives aimed at driving the consumption of manufactured investment product and solutions. Example initiatives include:
- Technology aimed at integrating the manufacturing and distribution functions, e.g. analytics and wholesaler support tools.
- Platforms that support the intermediary, e.g. advisor desktop technology and workflow enhancements.
- Alternative delivery models such as robo-advice and other customer-facing enhancements.