Celent Model Asset Manager Awards
The Model Asset Manager Awards recognize best practices of technology usage in different areas critical to success in asset management, and is the main award that a financial firm in the industry can receive from Celent.
The nomination process is now closed. Winners will be announced on 12th April 2019 at Innovation & Insight Day.
For 2019, we will be accepting nominations in three categories: Innovation in Risk, Core Transformation, and Distribution.
- Innovation in Risk
Initiatives aimed at improving internal efficiency and risk management, including process automation, portfolio and risk data analytics, and cybersecurity. Example initiatives include:
- Use of non-conventional forms of data to perform and improve the accuracy of client and risk assessments
- Employ advanced analytics and machine learning/AI in ongoing portfolio risk monitoring and surveillance
- Effective deployment of Big data approaches and infrastructure to improve operational timeliness, efficiency and information quality
- Revamp risk and data management processes to leverage digital technologies towards real-time
- Core Transformation
Initiatives aimed at transformation and enhancement of incumbent/ legacy platforms, as well as new delivery sourcing models for the buy side (e.g., cloud). Example initiatives include:
- Front-to-back investment workflow enhancements – such as, open APIs, enhanced reconciliations, messaging standards and normalization
- Investment Book of Record (IBOR) reengineering and implementation
- Optimisation tools for existing incumbent platforms – such as, workflow monitoring, overlay tools for enhanced operational performance and efficient messaging
- Utilizing Robotic Process Automation (RPA) for operational efficiency
- Consolidation of application layers and sourcing options
Initiatives aimed at driving the consumption of manufactured investment product and solutions. Example initiatives include:
- Technology aimed at integrating the manufacturing and distribution functions, e.g. analytics and wholesaler support tools.
- Platforms that support the intermediary, e.g. advisor desktop technology and workflow enhancements.
- Alternative delivery models such as robo-advice and other customer-facing enhancements.