The Model Buy Side award recognizes best practices of technology usage in the portfolio management and trade execution life cycle within the management of institutionally held assets.
This is the main award that an institutional investment manager in the industry can receive from Celent. We will announce our Model Buy Side winners at Innovation & Insight Week in 2023.
Please note this category does not include private client, advisory or wealth management services for HNW, mass affluent or retail investors. If you service this sector please consider applying to be a Model Wealth Manager.
Nominations for our 2023 program open June 27, 2022 and close October 14, 2022.
For 2023, we are looking for initiatives across all areas within institutional asset management supporting the portfolio management, trade execution and asset administration functions. While we welcome nominations based on a diversity of initiatives, we anticipate many to align with these areas:
- Advanced execution
- Investment research
- Data and analytics
- Decision support
- Ecosystem and business model innovation
- Future of work
- Front to back operating model paradigms
- Market and investment risk
- Operational Alpha and front office enablement
- Strategic sourcing (Outsourcing, Managed Services, Insourcing)
- Nextgen portfolio management
- Technology infrastructure modernization (high performance cloud stack, APIs, AI/ML ,etc)
- The nomination must be submitted by a Financial Institution (FI) on the “Buy Side” (e.g. institutional asset manager, fund manager, hedge fund, etc.). We welcome technology vendors to encourage their Buy Side clients to participate, but vendors themselves are not eligible for an award. However, vendor partners named in the FI’s submission will receive recognition e.g. named in the awards ceremony and in the related report(s) and blog(s) on the winning submission.
- All nominations must be submitted online.
- The FIs are welcome to submit multiple nominations, but they must be substantively different. Do not submit the same initiative more than once.
- There is no fee to submit the nominations and nominating institutions need not be a Celent client.
- We plan to recognize one FI as the overall Model Buy Side of the Year but reserve the right to recognize additional winners in specific categories.
- We judge the initiatives on three evaluation criteria: demonstrable business benefits, degree of innovation, and technology or implementation excellence.
- Celent will work with each winner to publish a case study of their winning initiative, which will be available for Celent Capital Markets research subscription clients. The FI will have the opportunity to review and approve the draft before publication. Celent subscribers can access an example case study here.
- For more information, please review our extensive FAQ section. If you still have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.