Celent Model Bank is awarded for best practices of technology usage in different areas critical to success in banking, and is the main award that a financial institution (FI) can receive from Celent. It is an annual program celebrating its 14th anniversary in 2021.
We announced our 2020 Model Bank Winners at Innovation & Insight Day in April 2020.
For 2021, we are again looking for initiatives across all areas of banking, from improving customer experience to transforming legacy, and from new product ideas to innovations in operations and risk management. We do not ask nominees to select a specific category for the submission – the initiative will automatically compete for the most appropriate award as identified by Celent.
- The nomination must be submitted by a Financial Institution (e.g. bank, credit union, card issuer, etc.). We welcome technology vendors to encourage their FI clients to participate, but vendors themselves are not eligible for an award.
- The FIs are welcome to submit multiple nominations, but they must be substantively different. Do not submit the same initiative more than once.
- There is no fee to submit the nominations.
- The deadline for submitting a nomination is 11pm GMT on October 16, 2020. The winners will be announced publicly March 9-11, 2021.
- We plan to recognise one institution as the overall Model Bank of the Year and up to 25 winners of specific awards. We reserve the right to change the number and types of the awards. The FIs do not have to specify which award they are applying for.
- We judge the initiatives on three evaluation criteria: demonstrable business benefits, degree of innovation, and technology or implementation excellence.
- Celent will work with each winner to publish a case study of their winning initiative, which will be available for Celent Banking research subscription clients. The FI will have the opportunity to review and approve the draft before publication.
- For more information, please review our extensive FAQ section. If you still have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.