Property/Casualty Insurer CIO Pressures and Priorities, 2018: North America Edition
At the end of every year, Celent surveys insurance company CIOs, asking them about their priorities for the coming year.
Key research questions
- What are the key business goals that are impacting CIOs’ 2018 plans?
- What are CIOs’ major initiatives for 2018?
- How will insurers’ IT budgets change in 2018?
CIOs look forward to 2018 as a year supported by adequate resources, focusing on enabling smart growth for their business partners.
What's on the agenda for North American P/C CIOs in 2018? Find out what is in the works for digital, cloud, and renewal of application portfolios, plus changes in IT budgets.
The survey covered 11 topics regarding their plans for 2018:
- Business goals’ influence on IT plans.
- The status of major IT initiatives.
- Replacement or maintenance plans for specific applications.
- IT budgets: IT budget as a percentage of DPW.
- IT budgets: Change in IT budget 2017 vs. 2018.
- IT budgets: Maintenance, replacement, and innovation.
- IT budgets: Allocation among internal and external expense categories.
- Utilization of cloud-based services.
- Digital initiatives.
- Innovation methods.
- Insurtech activities and monitoring.