Snap Poll of Life / Annuity Insurers on Return to "Normal" Post Covid
Available Only for Members of the NA LIfe / Annuity Celent Research Panel
Snap poll reflect questions posed by members of the life insurance research panel. This question came about as a member was trying to get a sense of when other insurers were thinking about bringing employees back to work and what steps they are taking. This snap poll was conducted on July 1, 2020. The questions asked were:
Although it’s unclear when COVID restrictions will lift, insurers are putting plans together for potentially returning to business as normal - meaning employees are working at the office again.
What is your organization’s tentative target date for a return to ‘work-as-normal”?
- We’re already back to ‘normal’ with many or most employees working from the office.
- Fall 2020
- End of 2020
- Some time in 2021
- We have not yet set a target date. There’s still too much up in the air.
- I don’t know.
What steps are you taking to prepare for returning to work as normal? Mark all that apply
- Physical changes to the office - e.g. one way aisles, separation of workspaces, etc.
- Alternative staffing models - e.g. shifts that don’t overlap in order to have fewer people in the office at one time
- Health screening or testing of employees - e.g. onsite temperature checks
- Expanded employee support - e.g. educational materials; mental health resources; childcare assistance
- Special services for high risk employees - e.g. formal identification, extended WFH, furlough or other interventions
- Shifting HR policy - e.g. changing vacation policies, new pay programs for those in high-risk people-facing roles
- Legal prep- e.g. prep for potential claims filed by employees