Snap Poll of Insurers on Customer Identity and Access Management
Available Only for Members of the NA Celent Insurance Research Panel
Snap poll reflect questions posed by members of the research panel. This question came about as a member was trying to get a sense of how other insurers are handling customer identity and multi factor authentication. This snap poll was conducted on August 25-26, 2020. The questions asked were:
– Have you implemented a Customer Identity and Access Management solution?
– If yes, do you have a single login page for all your CIAM users as opposed to separate Login URLs for each line of business application?
– If yes, do you run it in the cloud? Or, do you plan to migrate to the cloud?
– Do you ask for an additional authentication challenge (one time passcode, push authentication, etc..) when the user attempts a financial or other high-risk transaction after they’ve already authenticated in the login process?
– Are you offering Passwordless login or have plans to implement in the next 12 months?
– If yes, is it mandatory or voluntary opt-in?
– If available, what new authentication methods are being offered? (Push Authentication, Yubikey, etc.)
– Out of your total sessions, what is the percentage of authenticated sessions that trigger Multi-factor Authentication?
– What success percentages do you experience for Multi-factor Authentication? Does that change if the audience is primarily an older demographic (60+)?
– What is the average success percentage for your Registration process?
– Can anyone register for an account on your site, or do you need to claim an existing account to complete registration?
– What is the average success percentage for existing (returning) users logging in to your site?
– For business users, do you offer an easy-to-configure inbound SSO authentication experience? For claimants?
About Celent’s Research Panel
The Celent Research Panel is a free knowledge sharing resource for senior technology and operations executives at insurers in North America.It provides an easy way for executives to share information, obtain quantitative data, and learn from each otherthrough regular ongoing surveys, snap polls, round tables, and webinars.If you are interested in joining the Celent research panel, you can reach out to Karlyn Carnahan email@example.com Dan McCoach firstname.lastname@example.org