The Near Future of Faster Payments
10 December 2014
After several years of false starts, there is finally some traction towards speeding up payments in the U.S.
- In October, The Clearing House, which represents 24 of the nation’s largest commercial banks, announced plans to build a real-time payment network
- NACHA is working on a phased implementation of same-day ACH payments during three payment windows.
- The Federal Reserve Banks have been studying the issue for more than a year and will reportedly soon release their faster payments roadmap
- Some banks aren’t waiting—BBVA signed a deal with Dwolla to offer the platform’s real-time payment capabilities
What do all these efforts mean for your institution or company? Join American Banker reporter and payments specialist Kevin Wack for an informative webinar that will explore the varying faster payments initiatives, timetables and what to expect in 2015.
- Gareth Lodge, Senior Analyst, Celent
- Janet Estep, CEO, Nacha
- Steve Ledford, Senior Vice President, The Clearing House
Click here to register for the event