The Model Sell Side award recognizes best practices of technology usage in areas critical to success across sell side institutions including Investment Banks (Investment Banking, Treasury Capital Markets and Global Markets divisions) and other Institutional Brokers (Broker-dealers, Prime Brokers etc)
This is an annual program in its third year.
The nomination window for our 2023 program is now closed. We announced our Model Sell Side winners at our flagship Innovation & Insight event.
Submissions for our 2024 program will open June 28, 2023 and close October 13, 2023.
For 2023, we are again looking for innovative capital markets-related technology initiatives across the primary and secondary market activities by investment banks and brokers. While we welcome nominations based on a diversity of initiatives, we anticipate many to align with these areas:
- Application/infrastructure rationalization
- Client management, platforms and service
- Data management and analytics
- Digitalization/Digital Transformation
- Ecosystem (consortium, utilities) and business model innovation
- Emerging Technology in capital markets (AI, blockchain etc)
- Future of work
- Global markets technology
- Front to back office operations/systems/platforms
- Investment banking/primary issuance
- Legacy modernization
- Monetization initiatives (data, applications)
- Market/credit and counterparty risk management
- Regulatory and markets compliance
- Regulatory reporting
- Trading technology and systems/secondary markets activities
- Technology infrastructure modernization
- The nomination must be submitted by a Financial Institution (FI) on the “Sell Side” (e.g. investment Bank, institutional Broker/Dealer). We welcome technology vendors to encourage their Sell Side clients to participate, but vendors themselves are not eligible for an award. However, vendor partners named in the FI’s submission will receive recognition e.g. named in the awards ceremony and in related report(s) and blog(s) on the winning submission.
- All nominations must be submitted online.
- The FIs are welcome to submit multiple nominations, but they must be substantively different. Do not submit the same initiative more than once.
- There is no fee to submit the nominations and nominating institutions need not be a Celent client.
- We plan to recognize one FI as the overall Model Sell Side of the Year but reserve the right to recognize additional winners in specific categories.
- We judge the initiatives on three evaluation criteria: demonstrable business benefits, degree of innovation, and technology or implementation excellence.
- Celent will work with each winner to publish a case study of their winning initiative, which will be available for Celent Capital Markets research subscription clients. The FI will have the opportunity to review and approve the draft before publication. For an example case study, see here: https://www.celent.com/insights/446857071.
- For more information, please review our extensive FAQ section. If you still have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.