DocBridge® Delta - Quality Assurance in Document Output and Customer Communication Management
DocBridge® Delta is a productivity-enhancing QA testing software that analyzes and compares electronic documents and verifies compliance.
Test results are presented both visually and in the form of detailed reports. The software is designed for a high level of utilization and supports the requirements of both the development team and professional users.
DocBridge® Delta checks for both intentional and accidental changes, and even points out instances in the document that are not visually discernible, but could lead to production difficulties.
The software compares documents of the same format and in different formats.
The software offers two different test models: an interactive interface for ad-hoc tests and the command line-driven call for automation.
DocBridge® Delta takes into account different tasks and roles involved in the quality assurance process. This allows different output results to be assigned to specific functional areas according to their specific needs.
The solution developed by Compart finds and analyzes differences between individual documents electronically and visualizes them as well. In the process, the objects coded in the files are examined down to every detail structure and the differences are displayed - both visually and lyrically. Certain areas can be masked so as to be excluded from the comparison, for example the variable address field.
- Comparison of documents of the same or different format - especially suitable for large production jobs and data streams
- Visual representation of the differences down to pixel size
- Detailed list of differences at the object level
- If the entire page content is positioned differently, a shift can be specified for the document to be compared.
- Pages of the documents to be compared can be individually suppressed to make comparisons, for example, even with inserted blank pages.
- Page ranges with changing content such as address fields or dates can be excluded from the comparison.
- Check for meta-information such as indices in TLEs of AFP documents.
Visual Document Comparison
In the visual comparison, both documents are rasterized into a pixel image of the same resolution and the converted pixel images are compared with each other - similar to a light table, in which both documents are superposed to recognize differences between them. In the generated file, the pixels matching in both documents are displayed in gray. If, on the other hand, individual pixels only appear in one of the two documents, the pixels present only in the reference document are displayed in green and the corresponding pixels in the document to be matched are displayed in red.
Structural Comparison at the Object Level
DocBridge® Delta writes the detected differences of the individual objects on each page in detail into a log file. From the entries in the log file, differences can be found e.g. take the following way:
- Different positioning of objects
- Content differences of objects such as text differences or different barcode content
- Different attributes of the same object types, e.g. different fonts or font attributes like font sizes for the same content of the text
More Comparison Options
In addition to the comparisons in the representations of objects between two documents, DocBridge Delta also offers checks of the following type:
- Binary comparison between two document files
- Check for size differences with the optional specification of a minimum value in bits or pixels (only size differences above a certain value are taken into account)
- Comparison of page number and layout
- Comparison based on positioning tolerances (only positioning differences above a certain value are taken into account)
- Excluding definable page ranges for comparison with changing contents such as e.g. Address fields or dates
- Differences in meta-information such as e.g. different indexes within TLEs in AFP documents or XMP information in PDF documents
Risk mitigation - Reliable data control of sensitive data (the right data - for the right customer)
Improved Production - Production control through predictable results
Cost Reduction - Eliminate expensive reprints.
Time saving - through automated comparison process
Production Print Quality - DocBridge Delta® offers a separately available module for the analysis of print files of different formats (AFP, PDF, PCL etc.) and thus guarantees a smooth production.
Permissions and Roles - DocBridge® Delta takes into account different tasks and roles involved in the quality assurance process.
Ease of Use - Through the company's web server, the administrator can unlock users without restrictions. A proprietary or locally installed software is not necessary.
Transparency - DocBridge® Delta provides detailed reports for all user groups: developers, analysts, business users, marketers.
DocBridge® Delta offers three Basic Test Methods
1. An interactive interface for ad-hoc testing
2. A command line driven call for automation
3. Web Services