Celent Securities & Investments Newsletter, February 2013
Analyst's Point of View
CRM has evolved from sales, customer service, and marketing automation. It is not only basic customer information, but also financial data, client reporting, and more. The growth of social media communities has added yet another dimension: a source for relationship managers to review and update client information, and another channel to connect with clients, or even prospect.
For example, several CRM solutions have a simple link or symbol to a social network (let's say, LinkedIn); from there, advisors can access investor profiles. This will allow the advisor to review client data and ensure that all CRM profile information is up to date (has the client changed jobs, updated his work number, etc.?). It will also enable the advisor to view his client's coworkers, friends, etc. As such, it provides a new channel for prospecting. Depending on the tightness of integration between the CRM solution and social community websites (and the enterprise policy regarding social media access), advisors may also post comments to Twitter, Facebook, etc. directly from the CRM solution.
Most CRM solutions cannot automatically update info. Instead, the advisor can click on a link that that opens the social media site with the CRM UI and make manual updates. Eventually, I expect deeper integration. Automated updates would be the first step.
Chart of the Month
From the Celent report Declining Revenues of FCMs in the US: Time to Start Worrying?
Celent Published Reports
- Declining Revenues of FCMs in the US: Time to Start Worrying?
- China’s Financial Information Service Industry
- Big Data in Capital Markets: Expanding the Search for Big Ideas
- Fixed Income Listed Derivatives in Europe: Incumbents Face New Threats
- Claims Fraud Detection Systems: 2012 IT Vendor Spectrum
Research in Progress
- Buy-Side Collateral Management Survey 2013
- The Future of European Post-Trade Infrastructure
- Key Trends in the FX Options Market
- What Is the Future of Dark Pools?
28 February 2013
New York, NY
14 March 2013
Celent Securities & Investments Webinar: Big Data in Capital Markets
For more information on the above events, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1.617.262.3120.