The Modern Digital Banking Channel Platform: North America Edition
A previous report looked at the evolution of channel platforms from major vendors. Niche vendors are converging, adding channel capabilities to complete the suite. The trend continues into 2020, although with new imperatives and new points of customer engagement. A few takeaways:
- Vendors are growing their capabilities to include new channels, increasingly with views to omnichannel customer-assisted service and self-service (e.g., teller, branch, and contact center).
- Banks are establishing and building toward emerging business model support, such as Banking-as-a-Service (BaaS), marketplace banking, and Open Banking.
- Institutions are seeing value in more mature middle layers between applications, and vendors are building to meet that need. Many on the front-end see an opportunity and have built “headless” versions of product to act as this intermediary.
- Cloud is the most common deployment model for new implementations, and vendors are largely encouraging customers to consider it.
- Partners and the ecosystem are differentiating leaders from followers, and the platform of the future is one that brings value to the table through a wider ecosystem of both functional and business model relationships.
This report looks at 19 different channels platforms across two different reports. This is the North American version, while a companion piece will include vendors globally.