CitiCoin, FidelityCoin - what’s going on?
Create a vendor selection project
Click to express your interest in this report
Indication of coverage against your requirements
A subscription is required to activate this feature. Contact us for more info.
Celent have reviewed this profile and believe it to be accurate.
We are waiting for the vendor to publish their solution profile. Contact us or request the RFX.
30 July 2015
For those of you that missed it, it seems that Fidelity may have been bitten by the Blockchain bug as a story arose that they have patented the term “FidelityCoin.” Now we have nothing else to go on and are only reacting to a story but if anyone wanted any further evidence that Blockchain and cryptocurrencies are attracting mainstream financial institution interest then here it is. The financial firms that have been publicly associated with Bitcoin and Blockchain technology include:
- Citi-who have apparently built three Blockchains and have tested their own coin, “Citicoin”
- BNP Paribas are, according to press reports, considering cryptocurrencies for their currency funds
- SocGen who are seeking developers for Bitcoin, Blockchain and cryptocurrencies
- UBS who announced a Blockchain technology research lab
- Goldman Sachs who have invested in Bitcoin start-ups
- Others including Santander and Standard Chartered