Sequel Re - Outward Reinsurance Management System
Sequel Re is a system built to facilitate the end to end outward reinsurance business processes of a Lloyd’s
syndicate or Insurance Company, from contract entry (across facultative, proportional and excess of loss),
through automated premium and recovery calculations, to credit control, all via a modern web-based user
interface built for Chrome.
Interfacing with any Policy Administration Systems to source granular inwards data, Sequel Re uses a flexible
rules-based coverage system to calculate outwards movements via an asynchronous real-time engine. Statistical
results are saved at the lowest level of source reporting splits, catering for multiple entities, classes of business
and producing teams, while screen views are aggregated to an intuitive level for user processing.
With the statistical position always up to date, users may separately post overall movements to the ledger per
contract via the flexible statementing module, creating granular ledger transactions. The credit control activities
can be managed directly through the system, at a level of detail appropriate for the built in LORS messaging
facility. For a reinsurance company, payment details can be entered manually or imported automatically via an
interface for outward cash.
Proactive reinsurance workflow system
- Flexible and powerful coverage rule and limit calculation engine
- Standalone web front-end
- Automated Premium cession, adjustment, and reinstatement processing
- Focused data enrichment: Sequel Re tells you what additional data you need, only when you need it
- Automated periodic statement generation in electronic and paper form, and proactive workflows for cash calls and loss advices
- Powerful credit control, including notification of overdue statements and two-way LORS integration with automatic cash allocation
- Extremely granular transactions in original, settlement, and limit currency allowing for very flexible downstream reporting
- Full audit history of all changes, calculations, and limit erosion
- Enhanced reporting suite including regulatory and accounting reporting.
More power, flexibility and accuracy
- Manage the entire reinsurance process from initial policy enquiry through to credit control and cash management
- Cover the full suite of reinsurance policies (facultative, proportional treaty, and non-proportional contracts)
- Calculate your recoveries with unprecedented accuracy
- Investigate your reinsurance transactions with finer granularity than any other system on the market
- Model any of the rules involved
- Execute operations as and when you want – allowing you to work the way you do best