Policy Administration and Servicing for Health
EIS Group moves insurance carriers closer to their customers. Leading insurers use the EIS® digital insurance platform to build and deliver fast, simple, engaging experiences across the entire insurance lifecycle — quoting, policy administration, billing, claims and service. The cloud-enabled platform of core, experience and insight solutions empowers insurers to innovate faster, reduce costs, and create competitive advantages. Headquartered in San Francisco, EIS Group powers digital insurance for property/casualty and benefits insurers of all sizes, worldwide. For more information, visit EISGroup.com and follow us on Twitter @EISGroupLtd.
EIS is committed to Building Software the Right Way. Technology is often considered a science but, in fact, there is an art to building software the right way. In a way that is architected correctly from the beginning and is based on fundamental tenets of simplicity and engineering elegance to ensure it can support ongoing flexibility. In the past traditional insurance core systems had not been built for change. Plagued with hard-coded customizations and convoluted patchworks of integrations, the systems were constraining business expansion and stifling the agility of carriers around the globe.
At EIS, it is our mission to remove technology barriers. We believe core insurance systems should be a source of business freedom, not constraint. We believe core systems should enable innovation with products and distribution models and deliver consistent customer experiences that are enriched, not hindered, by technology. To deliver on these beliefs, we follow five key principles to ensure we continually deliver software solutions that will return immediate value and will also stand the test of time. Those guiding principles are as follows:
· Deliver feature-rich systems that are extensible because no software solution can do it all, all of the time. But a solution, if built right, can easily accommodate unique enhancements without compromising future upgradeability.
· Design for agility over the long term. Realize that what is today’s winning business strategy may not be enough to drive success tomorrow. Provide a system that can support radical changes in products, channels, and user experience.
· Maintain a modern technology roadmap and remain modular to enable easy adoption of newer, better capabilities.
· Be open to enable seamless connectivity with the ever expanding insurance ecosystem.
· Implement with an eye on upgrades to ensure the solution is sustainable.
With EIS®, “Instant Legacy” is Never an Option
EIS has long been recognized as a technology leader and has a proven track record of responding quickly to emerging market trends with leading edge technology solutions. From the start we have been engineering solutions that combine robust out-of-the-box functionality with superior technology to ensure the system will meet carrier needs today and tomorrow because when you make a core system investment, “instant legacy” should not be an option. With EIS, you can count on your core systems to fuel growth today and well into the future. You can also count on us to be a long-term partner in your ongoing success.
Your Technology Partner Today … and Tomorrow
Carriers are facing a changing marketplace in which growth strategies are evolving and the customer experience is becoming vital to the success of the business. Consumers are pushing for choice by demanding to do business on their terms seeking innovative products, service flexibility, convenience, and speed. Long-standing technology and system resources, already under strain, cannot be adapted easily to the new dynamics of the consumer-driven, personal lines market.
In 2022, EIS began to deliver:
V20, including, robust tooling capabilities
Stronger operational capabilities for SaaS
Robust UI tooling, and MVP persona apps
This will allow us to:
Shift to a SaaS model for new customers
Achieve sharp cost reductions for implementations
Deliver “fit for purpose” functionality OOTB
A technologically superior platform for now and the future EIS believes that other, competitive solutions should be viewed as a modern legacy system as each has varying degrees of proprietary technology and/or legacy technology at the core of their systems. EIS has trademarked our product development approach: Evergreen Engineering. This philosophy ensures that our technical underpinnings are based on best of breed frameworks and open technology so that resource support continues to be available worldwide. We have deployed a componentized architecture to our platform so that horizontal tools such as document generation, workflow, rules, etc. can be replaced to avoid outdated components or unsupported components. EIS uses Continuous Integration/Continuous (CI/CD) framework for software releases, delivering new capabilities every quarter. These releases are incremental allowing clients to choose any, or each, release as a production candidate. Client enhancements are managed in separate libraries with the appropriate documentation to identify whether the functionality operates as a pre or post standard service or replaces an existing service within the EIS Suite SOA environment. This allows any client specific functionality to be easily identified, managed and maintained during upgrades. Upgrades are released with automated deployment scripts allowing clients to typically install any release in a number of hours. However, preparation and testing of releases may take a larger effort dependent upon the type of changes and nature of the upgrade. With EIS' CI/CD strategy, cloud-based testing, and regression capabilities, clients are typically performing upgrades in a matter of days, or weeks for larger upgrades.
• Reduced total cost of ownership Cost of ownership can also be reduced through 3 aspects: EIS Suite operational efficiencies. Clients have found major reductions in time and cost related to product definition changes (both regulatory changes as well as business/market changes) and releasing new products to market. EIS Suite workflow and straight-through processing capabilities have reduced underwriter and claims processing times and efforts allow for growth without the addition of additional staff. EIS Suite omni-channel capabilities provide direct access to agents and customers, eliminating in-house data entry efforts and further streamlining business processes. Cost effective upgrades. Competitive "modern legacy" solutions do not offer "Evergreen Engineering" and CI/CD capability, their upgrades can often cost as much, or more, than the original implementation. With EIS Suite, the cost is drastically reduced -- if not eliminated Lower cost of maintenance and support. Competitive "modern legacy" solutions typically offer low entry level implementation costs and charge an arm and a leg during the support and maintenance phase when the client has no choice but to accept. EIS is a software company, we believe our solution is flexible enough, easy enough, and well documented for the clients to perform much of the maintenance work independently. This will increase agility and reduce cost of services.
• Guaranteed on time on budget deliver EIS' implementation is a prescriptive methodology leveraging the pre-configured content, the underlying tools to delivery code in a 'feature-driven' agile approach. Clients are engaged from the first day of planning workshops all the way through feature validation (a process to define the 'delta' from the EIS base product that the customer requires). The inclusion of the business teams from the customer is imperative for the adoption of new technology. We have built a solid reputation based on the successes that our customers are achieving. We have proven talent, methods, and technology needed to provide carriers with a solution that will enable you to transform your insurance business to meet today’s new realities. We develop market-leading software, but we also pride ourselves on our ability to deliver successful implementations on time, on budget. We bring a deep bench of technology and insurance expertise to bear in everything we do. No matter what role we play in our implementations, the ultimate responsibility for successful outcomes remains with us.