Markit EDM (enterprise data management) acts as a central hub to manage the acquisition, validation, storage and distribution of data in a consistent, fully-audited environment, delivering a flexible business intelligence solution to help business users take direct ownership over the data they consume.
The platform creates master sets across all data types and delivers tangible data governance, risk management and compliance frameworks.
Customers benefit from being able to control and manage costs across their entire data supply chain, including vendor management and reducing acquisition costs. They are able to streamline front, middle and back office operations, safely upgrade legacy platforms and provide an insulation layer for BPO initiatives.
- Reduces operational risk by analysing, cleansing and enriching reference and dynamic data from all available sources, with ongoing processing for data validity and quality
- Significantly reduces implementation time through a unique combination of standardised interfaces and flexible schema
- Delivers a fully transparent audit trail of all changes with no loss of source data
- Allows rapid integration and processing speeds to reduce data acquisition and management costs
Security master - Enables the creation and management of master data in an audited and flexible environment, facilitating constant change and the ability to meet a broad range of requirements
Price master - Provides full audit, transparency, exception resolution and quality for pricing and rates
Front to back office integration - Allows for integration of new systems with significantly reduced time to market and risk, due to the Markit EDM implementation team’s extensive experience integrating front office and back office systems
Legal entity master - Provides a single view of client and counterparty information for risk and credit analysis, as well as to support KYC, AML, CRM and client on-boarding requirements
Corporate actions - Enables corporate actions data collection from any source and applies automated business logic with the relevant alert escalation workflows for resolution to generate corporate actions master, with corporate actions linked to range of parameters, such as trades, transactions, accounts and portfolios
Regulatory compliance - Gold copy masters across all data types, rationalising legacy architectures and delivering tangible data governance, risk management and compliance frameworks, to help satisfy regulatory requirements
Trade hub - Enables creation of a transaction hub for the management, validation and distribution of trade and position details, capable of supporting organisations across multiple geographic locations with a single global operating model
Reconciliation solution - Ability to serve as an insulation layer between outsourced back office systems and feeds and internal front office platforms, as well as reconciliation capabilities that provide transparency across front-to-back office operations and custodian-bank feeds
Data hub - Enables creation of a single, consolidated data hub for managing, validating and distributing data to support various downstream data consumers, such as internal data warehouses
Outsourced service provider - Serves as an integration layer between customers and their outsourced service providers, such as custodians, fund administrators and prime brokers, to help reduce risk while maintaining control of mission critical data
- Open architecture with simple integration of existing systems, including legacy products
- Full control and management of data from a single source
- Flexibility for changing data requirements
- Audit trail of historical data changes
- Dissemination of data to single or multiple applications.