OneLogic Alasa Stock Market Sentiment
With traditional alphas getting tougher to exploit, traders are turning to innovative new sources of data to find Alpha. Award winning ALASA captures ‘collective wisdom’ and is a proven solution to cognitive problems. It helps trading firms and individual investors make sense of human and market signals faster and more extensively than ever before.
ALASA uses advanced proprietary algorithms to gather information from numerous professional and crowd-based data sources.This data is then ordered and analysed, then an appropriate positive or negative sentiment weighting is applied.The output is a highly accurate sentiment-based feed which allows the user to track market news and mood across a variety of inputs - all from one source.
o Sentiment analysis is evolving at an accelerated pace. Through text mining of structured and unstructured sources of information, sentiment analysis captures the mood of markets and provides insight into upcoming influential events.
o Automated systems remove all limitations on speed, information sources and financial instrument coverage. Our technology combs the entire digital space to deliver alerts that give an early indication of unprecedented events to help users gain an edge before information hits the markets.
o Capturing collective wisdom is a proven solution to cognitive problems. To begin with, ALASA uses WebCrawler algorithms to gather information within messages from domain experts in specific expert forums.
o Natural language processing algorithms translate these messages into sentiment and that sentiment is weighted based on the “past performance” of the respective expert. The output of this analysis is then blended with other news, data and sentiment feeds, with machine learnt weighting applied to the most reliable indicators, producing a highly accurate signal-based sentiment feed.
o Being able to control the natural language processing algorithms gives the power to adapt the specific triggers (key words, phrases, language or combinations) that the software is analysing. This makes the software easily adaptable to multiple asset classes and specific subsets of particular markets.
• Equities 27k+
• ETFs 15k+
• Futures 8k+
• Indices 23k+
• Mutual Funds 24k+
• Currency Pairs 3k+
• Warrants 28k+
• Bonds 25k+
• Financial news aggregator with sentiment analysis.
• Proprietary algorithms provide sentiment scoring.
• Covers 150,000+ assets (stocks, forex, indices and commodities), market news and social media.
• Instruments include: futures, ETFs, indices, mutual funds, currency pairs, bonds and warrants.
• Empirical validation models based on Capital Asset Pricing Model and Cumulative Abnormal Return.
• Harness «Experts» and «Wisdom of Crowds» for financial predictions.
• ALASA defines between «Expert» market commentary and «Crowd» market commentary.
• ALASA helps traders reduce risk by reducing unconscious and conscious errors of judgement.
• The data analysed can be tailored to capture news that is relevant to every trader’s field of expertise.
• Highly customisable, allowing users to track sentiment scoring against financial instruments of their choosing.
• Historical sentiment data can be exported where available.