Velocimetrics 6 delivers complete operational oversight across complex, fast and high volume trading environments
Velocimetrics, the global provider of real-time, comprehensive, business performance monitoring and analysis solutions, today announces the release of Velocimetrics 6.0.
This latest version significantly strengthens Velocimetrics’ ability to deliver uncompromised operational oversight across complete end-to-end processes in fast, acutely complex and high volume trading environments. It also launches the availability of augmented on-demand and scheduled business reporting capabilities, along with additional enhancements to further improve the user experience for both business and technical groups.
As the speed, capacity and complexity of how firms trade continues to increase there is growing regulatory pressure to minimise the potential risks that can flow from using trading technologies. Managing these risks has also become a top priority for firms as the inability to control, for example, how an algorithmic trading system behaves in extremely volatile markets can quickly create considerable trading losses. Meeting these requirements, along with the need to continuously improve trading performance, demands a high degree of operational oversight and post-trade analysis across intricate trading environments.
With Velocimetrics 6, industry participants will continue to benefit from a detailed, real-time, understanding of all activities taking place across every system and network as market data and trading volumes continue to expand in exceedingly complicated trading situations. In doing so, issues can be immediately detected, their root cause instantly determined and the impact on clients, orders and trades quickly quantified and reported on.
Velocimetrics has achieved this scalable solution by sending data captured at the infrastructure level to a cluster of interactive analysis servers. This innovative approach divides up complex correlation and tracking workloads, allowing near-linear scaling to cope with increasing volume, whilst retaining the capability to provide a unified view across the trading operation.
Persistence to disk performance has also been improved by an order of magnitude. Velocimetrics 6 can record and retain the full trade history and details of relationships; for example, even when the order is complex and has been executed over an extended period as multiple, related, algorithmic or exchange trades. In doing so, facilitating complete electronic order or trade reconstruction, creating a fully transparent audit trail that offers valuable opportunities for post-trade performance analysis.
Furthermore through extended reporting capabilities, users can now create easily configurable management reports detailing current trading performance as required. Delivering the data necessary for meaningful day-to-day issue-tracking and infrastructure spend decision-making, Velocimetrics’ on-demand reporting functionality enables intra-day improvements to be made.
These enhancements offer significant benefit, enabling users to for example
- Track up to 500 million trades per trading day in real-time
- Alert users to dropped or missing trades they may otherwise believe are being processed, detecting possible sources of operational risk
- Search and promptly reconstruct any order executed as a series of individual related market events and orders over the period of a day. Providing detailed performance analytics at every stage, users can quickly determine if infrastructure or application problems may be causing delays
- Instantly identify outliers and chart latency distributions across all prices, quotes and trades and investigate each in detail, regardless of current volumes
- Create customised queries that can then be executed in one-click by non-expert users through a simple to use interface
- Produce business-level management reports as required detailing for instance the worst performing trades over the day and automatically email these PDF reports to a pre-agreed list of recipients.
Commenting on the new release Steve Colwill, Velocimetrics’ CEO stated:
‘We have developed and tested this latest version working closely with our existing clients. Our users rely on Velocimetrics for operational integrity and are looking to expand its use in their business to support very high volume processes. This major new release is a milestone in scalability and high-volume persistence, meeting this growing requirement, whilst making it even easier for users to navigate the system and gain the detailed analytics required by different business areas for effective operational decision-making.’