Over three weeks in September 2022, Celent Banking team ran an online survey where we invited our contacts in the industry – clients and non-clients – to share their views on what they see as key trends and priorities for 2023. A total of 76 respondents took part, representing retail banks, commercial banks, technology vendors, and consultants. Non-banks were asked to put themselves into their clients’ shoes and answer as their representative banking client would; not everyone answered all the questions.
Respondents were able to see how their answers compare with the industry in real-time. Many shared their contact details to receive a summary of findings, while some chose to remain anonymous.
The results of this survey were used extensively to inform our Technology Trends Previsory reports, especially the Retail Banking one. While those reports discuss the survey findings in a broader context, this document is a handy collection of all the survey insights in one place. It is also a document we emailed directly to all respondents who provided their contact details, irrespective of whether they are a Celent research client or not.
The survey shows that pressing concerns, such as cost of living challenges and geopolitical tensions, are at the industry's top of mind and are shaping technology strategy for 2023. Banks understand that they need to be ready to deliver for customers in time of need.
Download this report today to find responses to 10 other questions:
- Which of the following is your most urgent priority for 2023?
- What are your 2023 priorities when it comes to customer engagement and delivery?
- Which emerging technologies will become most important to the banking industry in 2023?
- Which of the following are your priorities for 2023 in payments?
- What are your 2023 focus areas when it comes to lending?
- Where do you see opportunities for your bank to drive product innovation and differentiation in 2023?
- Which of the following best describes your approach to the open ecosystem?
- Thinking about the open ecosystem strategy at your bank, which statement best describes where you are today?
- Which of the following do you plan to take advantage of in your digital strategy?
- Thinking about your cloud strategy, which of the following are your highest priorities?