Volante Designer offers total system flexibility. Data from any source can be transformed into any format at any destination. Volante supports proprietary, legacy or standards-based messages. It also works with any platform, including enterprise services buses, application servers, message brokers, cloud deployments, complex event processing engines, homegrown middleware, applications and/or gateways.
It does not end there. Volante users can model their data management process as part of transformations. Processes may include parsing, serialization, validations, enrichment, normalization, routing, exception management and database operations to deal with complex formats. All without writing a single line of code. By eliminating hand coding, Volante cuts costs and time from data and process integrations by more than 50%. In addition, Volante transformations are fast enough for low-latency applications.
Simplified integration design
Volante Composer is the central component of Volante Designer. With its spreadsheet-style interface, users can easily map message definitions from source to destination, with freedom to customize standard message formats to real-world requirements. Rules-based data management functions can be incorporated from formulae available on the interface. When completed, these elements of message processing are represented as a model, or cartridge, which is converted to code via code generation.
Built-in data domain awareness
Volante further simplifies the design process with Volante Format Plug-ins. Providing message libraries and related validation rules, Format Plug-ins deliver out-of-the-box support for over seventy standard formats including SWIFT, FIX, FpML, EDI, Reuters, etc., as well as more generic formats such as XML, Fixed Width, CSV and Cobol Copybook. The result is not only expedited integration projects, but also provides the ability to rapidly integrate to any platform or application, even home-grown systems.
Volante Code Generators automatically convert cartridge models into runtime libraries in native code for virtually any infrastructure environment. The generated code can also be invoked from within applications, eliminating latency and unnecessary transformation hops.
Integrated data management
Additional parts of Volante Designer include the following:
- Volante Simulator – for end-to-end testing of transformation logic
- Volante Persistence Designer – for modeling database operations
- Volante Cartridge Publisher – for publishing documentation
- Volante WebForms – for publishing messages to HTML forms for monitoring and management (dashboard, entry, view, repair)
- Volante Director – live metadata repository maintaining data dictionaries, message libraries and cartridge models
- Faster time to market in development projects
- Simple integration design, enabling user to focus on business content rather than format technicalities
- Streamlined architecture with increased runtime speed
- New business architectures, data governance and model driven development enabled by captured metadata
- Rapid ROI on integration projects
- Reduced TCO in maintaining message standards and integration in the evolving standards landscape