BCBS 239 solution
AxiomSL’s platform consolidates data from modern and legacy systems by enriching data taxonomies and metadata across the organization. As data is integrated, traceability of the enriched data and workflows is transparent since AxiomSL retains the identity of each source, thus allowing full visibility on ongoing changes and their impacts.
Data lineage is quickly becoming a topline concern and challenge for data managers in financial services. In the past, data lineage—generation of a trail of information that tracks the use and custody of data as it travels throughout the enterprise—was primarily a concern for niche internal projects, usually run by reporting teams. A combination of closer oversight by prudential regulators and rising global standards around data governance, itself, has rapidly led many financial institutions to become more interested in how to do this on a broader level.
- Comprehensive traceability/lineage shows how data flows upstream/downstream
- Demonstrates change impacts on data throughout the process
- Automates complex workflow processes
- Enables results review to ensure accuracy
- Aggregates data by any grouping criteria, such as branch, gl accounts, etc.
- Transactional-level disaggregation, enables granular data drilldown n multi-level sign-offs with alerting
- Strong data and process orientation – address bcbs-239 principles quickly, and chart a path to identify gaps
- Seamless systems integration – become bcbs-239 compliant quickly and cost effectively without disrupting existing infrastructure
- Powerful querying and segmentation – build business-level and validation rules enabling drilldown and data lineage into risk-data subsets and associated metadata, while flagging and documenting potential exceptions for review