Transforming Insurance in Latin America
Latin American Insurance IT Executive Summit 2018
We are just a few days away from co-hosting with Insurance Innovation Reporter (IIR) the “Latin American Insurance IT Executive Summit 2018”!
This conference is where senior-level executives of insurance companies from Latin America come together in a private and secluded environment to discuss the IT issues affecting their industry.
From May 20 to May 22 in Fort Lauderdale, we will get together in this multi-day event to learn and share about cutting-edge trends in the business use of technology for the insurance industry.
Last year’s conference was a blast, but just don’t take my word, check these testimonials.
Left to right: Juan Fonseca, Seguros G&T; Juan Cumbrado, MAPFRE; Boris Cazuriaga, La Boliviana Ciacruz; and Guillermo Ramírez, RIMAC.
This year we expect it will be even better! We’ve created a great agenda with sessions, panels, roundtables, and even a pitch day session for insurtechs to demonstrate how they can collaborate with insurers.
Some of the topics you will hear about include:
- The Build versus Buy debate is live again! Converging capabilities are changing insurance product development. Tom Scales of Celent gives us his take.
- CIOs will be discussing in a panel their views regarding the new converging capabilities that are changing insurance product development.
- Reinventing Customer Experience: Predictions from the future. Karlyn Carnahan of Celent will offer her perspective.
- A panel of C-Level executives will be discussing their digital approach/initiatives and data uses.
- Blockchain is becoming a reality: Moving from PoC to production in insurance. Mike Fitzgerald offers his take.
- AI and Virtual Agents in Insurance: Where to Start? Colleen Risk offers her point of view.
- Insurtechs following the lead of fintechs in the region. Andrés Fontao, Managing Partner of Finnovista, will offer his vision.
- An inspirational talk from Christof Reinert of Munich Re. Christof is the Head of Risk Management Partners at Munich Re and has extensive experience in transforming innovation initiatives into business.
- Panel hosting insurance startups looking to change existing business models.
- A session on making innovation happen from a former insurance CEO and current Insurtech enthusiast, Hilario Itriago, to open the CEO panel on innovation, Insurtech and emerging technologies.
If you are interested in Insurtech you definitely need to visit the “Insurtech Sandbox”, a dedicated area where Insurtech startups will showcase their solutions; be sure also to participate in the Finnovista Pitch Day Insurtech, where innovative, emerging startups will share their experiences in revolutionizing the industry. Hellozum, Jooycar, Likk Technologies and Lifekee are already confirmed!
Great established vendors will be showcasing their value propositions in the exhibit hall. Check this year’s sponsors here.
Also there are great networking activities and time-slots in the agenda for people to connect one to one. Celent analysts will be available for meetings throughout the conference.
Last but not least, on Monday May 21 we will host the Five Star Awards to recognize outstanding insurance IT professionals in each of Latin America's major regions: Mexico, the Caribbean and Central America, Andean, Brazil, and the Southern Cone. We will honor vanguard executives utilizing information technology in service of their companies’ business objectives.
I am looking forward to seeing you at the conference!