Survive to Thrive Data Blog Series: Insights on Shifting Retail Banking Customer Needs
15 May 2020
What's up, What's down?
Retail bankers have been trying to understand rapidly shifting customer needs in the face of COVID-19. Here are some insightful data points from a sample of banks using KAI, Kasisto’s conversational AI platform. This sample represents banks worldwide in the digital vanguard.
- Rise in digital engagement =35% increase in digital traffic, of which:
- 66% money transfer, payments
- 24% in user requests re. enabling digital bkg
- 18% requests for payment relief
- Drops in interactions:
- 23% drop in new account opening related questions
- 17% in requests to speak w/ banker
Source: Kasisto, 5/5/20
This blog is part of a data series in our ongoing coverage of developments around COVID-19. View the rest of the blogs within this series:
- Insights on Shifting Retail Banking Customer Needs
- Acceleration of Digital in Corporate Banking
- Consumer Saving During COVID-19 and the PFM Opportunity