What Advice Would You Give to a Bot Looking for a Job in an Insurance Company?
There has been a tremendous amount of interest in the use of robotic process automation (RPA) in insurance companies. Despite all of the sound and fury, there is relatively little information available about how insurer CIOs view this new technology.
Key research questions
- What is the potential for bots in various insurance processes?
- Are insurers able to implement bots?
- Which operational processes are currently the heaviest users of bots?
This report presents results from a survey of CIOs asking for their perspective on the potential for, and actual deployment of, two types of RPA solutions: automation bots and chat bots.
The survey asked the CIOs a series of questions, which typically differentiated between automation bots and chat bots:
- The potential for bots in various granular insurance processes.
- IT groups’ current ability to implement either type of bot.
- Their company’s interest in using bots in key operational areas, and their company’s actual use of bots.