BankRate: JPM, big banks spend billions on tech but innovation lags

Create a vendor selection project & run comparison reports
Click to express your interest in this report
Indication of coverage against your requirements
A subscription is required to activate this feature. Contact us for more info.
Celent have reviewed this profile and believe it to be accurate.
27 July 2018

Money going toward new investments accounted for only 27 percent of bank IT spending in 2017. The rest — a whopping 73 percent of spending — went toward maintenance, according to Celent.

“What banks are good at doing, especially the big banks, is copying the things that fintech companies are doing,” says Stephen Greer, senior analyst with the banking team at Celent.

Click here for the full article

News article details

Retail Banking
Media Type
News Articles
Geographic Focus
Asia-Pacific, EMEA, LATAM, North America