Celent European Insurance Newsletter, June 2011
Welcome to our second newsletter for European Insurance. It's been a busy spring for the team with our successful French CIO event held in Paris in May, followed closely by the trip to San Diego to attend the 2011 ACORD LOMA Insurance Systems Forum. We've also released our new website and welcome all feedback.
Along with our new virtual face, we've added a real face to the team. Jamie MacGregor joins us with a wealth of consulting and operational experience in the UK insurance sector. He will be covering life insurance in UK and Europe so watch out for more coverage in this space from us.
The deadline for submissions of the first insurance technology awards in the United Kingdom has come and gone. And Insurance Times editor, Ellen Bennett, and myself spent a day last week reviewing these nominations in the first round of judging. We were impressed and excited by the submissions and look forward to the second round of judging with the panel of Adrian Brown from RSA and Jo Hind from Google. Watch out for the shortlist of finalists that will be published on the Insurance Times website next week.
The European Policy General Insurance admin report which a few of us quiet for some months now is due for imminent publication. The life/annuity version is in research and will be published in Q3. And if you aren't focused on core systems for this year, perhaps you are reviewing document automation systems, these are just the reports for you.
Senior Vice President
Chart of the Month
From the Celent report Personal Injury Claims Market in the UK.
Celent Published Reports
- Personal Injury Claims Market in the UK
- Document Automation: Solution Vendors for Insurers 2011
- Pensions in China, Hong Kong, and Singapore: Opportunities for Insurers
- A Question of Legacy: Managing and Measuring Behavioral Risk in Variable Annuities
- Celent Model Insurer 2011: Case Studies in Effective Technology Use in Insurance
- IT Spending in Financial Services: A Global Perspective
Celent Blog: http://insuranceblog.celent.com
Research in Progress
- Location Intelligence in Insurance: A Vendor Spectrum Report
- UK Retail Distribution Review: Key Challenges and Implications for IT
- European Policy Admin Vendor Reports for Life and General Insurance, 2011 Edition
- Fraud Detection IT Vendors Spectrum
- Multicountry Policy Admin and Underwriting Platform Segmentation
To learn more about upcoming Celent events and speaking appearances, please see our Events page.