Celent European Insurance Newsletter, March 2012
From the Senior Vice President for European Insurance
Did you know that insurance is the most expensive adword on Google? For me, that speaks to the relevance of insurance in 2012. Insurance may be a forced purchase, but it's still a necessary one. Whatever business cycle we are in, businesses and consumers need to be assured that their assets can be protected.
At the moment, being in the downswing of the economic cycle, we expect to see more claims and more fraud. So this year we will focus on more research into relevant technology vendors for the insurance market. Watch out for the European claims report, as well as the fraud detection software report. Our anti-money laundering report is already published. Another trend related to difficult times is reviewing closed life books of business. We will look into strategies being considered by insurers in response to pressures on margins and compliance.
Not just interested in writing about technology, we like to recognize good projects and people in the tech space. In the UK, we are working once more with Insurance Times on the only insurance technology awards for the general insurance market in the United Kingdom. There are some great categories like innovation, e-commerce in action, best service provider, and newcomer of the year. The judging panel will include folk from Celent, Google, and RSA. For more details on how to make a submission, check out the Insurance Times website. Deadline for entries is 11 May, so get submitting.
Senior Vice President
Data Point of the Month
From the Celent report Telematics-Based Insurance: Has Its Time Finally Arrived?
Celent Published Reports
- Insurance in the United Kingdom 2012: The CIO Perspective
- Insurance in France 2012: The CIO Perspective
- Deal Trends in Life, Pensions, & Annuities Policy Administration Solutions: 2012 EMEA Edition
- Emerging Insurance Technologies: General (P&C) Insurance Industry Edition 2012
- Telematics-Based Insurance: Has Its Time Finally Arrived?
- Big Insurance Data: Drawing Lessons from Amazon, Google, and Facebook
Research in Progress
- Market Trends in Managing Closed Book Business Across NA and EMEA
- Global IT Spending Trends in Insurance
- Trends in UK Online Insurance: What is the Customer Journey for Purchasing Online?
- Fraud Detection IT Vendor Spectrum
11 May 2012
2012 Technology in Insurance Awards
13 September 2012
New York, NY USA
1 November 2012
Model Insurer Awards
30 November 2012
Model Insurer Asia Awards
For more information on any of the above events, contact email@example.com or call +1.617.262.3120.