Celent Insurance Newsletter, November 2011
From the Senior Vice President
Have you had your dose of healthy discomfort today?
I’m not talking about the joys of business travel. I’m talking about out-of-your-routine, forced-to-think-differently, not-how-we’ve-done-things discomfort. Pushing past traditions to discover a new realm of possibility.
That was the theme of our Creative Disruption workshop in Boston earlier this month. Our goal was to offer food for thought, and I am pleased to report that there seems to be a healthy appetite for this kind of thinking.
At Celent, we think this will be an approach that insurers and their vendors will have to emphasize if they want to succeed in a crowded marketplace. If you're in the C-suite of your company, this issue is yours to champion. If you're on the front lines, you need to make sure this issue gets airtime with the C-suite.
To help stoke the creative fires, I suggest you do two things today, while you're thinking of them. First, check out the videos we produced for the event. They're each about three minutes long, and we hope they will help jumpstart the conversation around disruption. (Feel free to share these with your colleagues, too!)
Second, register for Celent’s Innovation & Insight Day, which will be held in Boston on January 26. Combining content from our annual CIO roundtable and Model Insurer Events, this high-energy program will give you actionable insights and ideas, along with plenty of networking time. Space is limited, and we expect to sell out, so please register now!
Senior Vice President
Chart of the Month
From the Celent report The Build Vs. Buy Debate
Celent Published Reports
- Cloud Computing in the Japanese Financial Services Industry
- UK Retail Distribution Review: Key Challenges and Implications for Change and IT
- Mobile Technology for the Life Insurance Producer: Is It a Fad or the Future?
- The Build Vs. Buy Debate
- Using Social Data in Claims and Underwriting
- Location Intelligence Solutions for Insurance: A Solution Spectrum
- Understanding the Value of Location Intelligence Solutions
- Seeking Simplicity: A Historical and Future Perspective on Underwriting System Segmentation
- Policy Administration System Vendors: North American Personal P/C Insurance 2011
- Policy Administration System Vendors: North American Commercial P/C Insurance 2011
- Reviving the Insurance Core Systems Business Case
- An SOA Evolution, Insurance Edition
- Deal Trends in General Insurance Policy Administration Solutions
Research in Progress
- Deal Trends in Property/Casualty Policy Administration Solutions: The 2011 North America Edition
- Has the Time for Telematics Arrived? A Review of Current Offerings for Motor Insurers
- XCelent ABCD Data Mastery System Solutions
- US Annuities: Market Trends and Key Technology Issues
8 December 2011
Using Social Data in Claims and Underwriting
26 January 2012
Innovation & Insight Day
For more information on Celent webinars and speaking engagements, please see our Events page.