Celent Banking Newsletter, December 2013
From the Senior Vice President
As we head toward the end of the year, we take stock of what's happened while looking ahead to what 2014 holds. Our analysts will be working on their assessments of the key technology trends to watch in retail banking, payments, and corporate banking. Poring through our notes from vendor and banker briefings, reviewing our reports and work in progress, and talking among ourselves will lead us to Celent's view on the key technology priorities that firms should be considering next year. Look for those reports early in the first quarter.
Another item of interest will be our Model Bank Awards. The deadline for nominations is December 31; they can be submitted here. Our Model Bank research is designed to try to answer an apparently simple question: “What would it look like for a bank to do everything right with today’s technology?” We'll announce the winners on April 3 in New York at Celent's 2014 Innovation & Insight Day.
Our December will be busy, but we'll nevertheless take time at year-end to connect with family and friends, and doubtless try out all sorts of new payments technology first-hand. We wish all the best for you and yours for a joyous holiday season!
All the best,
Chart of the Month
From the Celent report EMV Migration in the US Progress Report: What Progress?
Celent Published Reports
- Payment Systems Trends in Japan, Part I
- Core Banking Solutions for Small and Midsize Banks in China: 2013 Update
- EMV Migration in the US Progress Report: What Progress?
- Tablet Banking in Canada
- BPO/ITO Providers in Banking: An Evolving Landscape of Service Complexity
Research in Progress
- Credit Union Cores: An Evaluation of Core Vendor Solutions for Credit Unions
- The Future of Self-Service at Chinese Banks
- Top Trends in Corporate Banking 2014
- Top Trends in Retail Banking 2014
- Top Trends in Retail Payments: A Year in Review: 2014 Edition
31 December 2013
Model Bank Awards
3 April 2014
Innovation & Insight Day
New York, NY
For more information, contact email@example.com or call +1.617.262.3120.
Participate in Our Research
What would you like to see on Celent's research agenda? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your suggestions.