Winners of Asia Insurance Technology Awards unveiled
Celent and Asia Insurance Review honored nine insurance companies with the 8th Asia Insurance Technology Awards at this year's 3rd Asia Cyber Risk Summit that took place in Singapore on the 17 and 18 of September.
The Asia Insurance Technology Awards (AITAs) recognize excellence and innovation in the use of technology within the insurance industry in the Asia-Pacific region. The 2018 winners were chosen from a highly competitive field consisting of 42 qualifying nominations from insurers in Australia, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Taiwan, Singapore, India and the Asia-Pacific headquarters of global insurers.
This year’s winners are:
- Legacy and ecosystem modernisation: China Continent Property & Casualty Insurance Company Ltd (CCIC), China
- Operational excellence: Bajaj Allianz Genera Insurance Co. Ltd, India and Kotak Life Insurance Company Limited, India
- Data, analytics and AI: Taikang Insurance Group Co. Ltd, China, and Reliance General Insurance Co Ltd, India
- Digital and omnichannel technologies: Cathay Life Insurance, Taiwan, and Taiwan Life Insurance Co., Ltd, Taiwan
- Innovation and emerging technologies: Prudential Assurance Company Singapore and Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Co. Ltd, India.
“We received a record number of nominations this year across the five categories,” says Zao Wu, an analyst with Celent’s Asia Insurance. “Every year we witness the burgeoning activities of Asia Pacific insurers with the Asian Insurance Technology Award program and are proud to be Asia Insurance Review’s partner, responsible for identifying and recognizing innovative and efficient technology initiatives in our industry.”