Celent Insurance Newsletter, October 2012
From the CEO
It's late October, so let me guess: You're scrambling to finish up 2012 action items. You're trying to put out Q4 fires before they get out of hand. You're also looking toward 2013 and beyond, thinking about your long-term strategies, and crafting a story around the resources you'll need to get your job done. It's a crazy time.
In a sense, the fourth quarter puts a spotlight on the balancing act that most of us perform throughout the year. We have tactical decisions to make, programs to execute, and short-term productivity measures to satisfy. We are also on a never-ending quest for the perfect strategy to meet our long-term goals.
The conflict between these two forces, long term and short term, is what makes life "interesting."
At Celent, we've done a lot of work in 2012 to make sure that we can add value on both sides of this equation. Our in-depth trend and vendor reports provide a great reality check on your current approaches and tactics. Want examples? Click here to download our Q4 report listing. On the strategic side, our coverage of Creative Disruption, innovation, and emerging technologies is designed to support sound, long-term thinking. We also extend the research with advisory services and consulting, led by our seasoned analyst team.
Please let us know how we can help make your Q4 productive (and interesting as well, but in the best possible sense).
P.S. Celent is currently accepting nominations for our Seventh Annual Model Insurer Awards. To nominate an individual or firm, fill out the entry form at http://www.celent.com/node/29652 by November 15, 2012.
Chart of the Month
From the Celent report Data Mastery Spectrum Overview 2012
Celent Published Reports
- The French Market for Online Car Insurance
- Riptide Insurance Company: Beating the Tide
- Latin American Policy Administration Systems 2012: Life, Annuities, and Health ABCD Vendor View
- Claims Systems Vendors: European General Insurance 2012
- Life Insurance E-Business in Asia
- North American Annuities, 2012
- Seven Lessons from a Successful Platform Transformation
- Leveraging SaaS to Tackle the Legacy Challenge
- The Advent of Social Media in the Japanese Financial Industry
- Data Mastery Spectrum Overview 2012
- Strategies and Options for Managing Closed Blocks
Research in Progress
- The Impending Insurance Architect Crisis
- Claims Vendors North America 2012
- The Future of Insurance IT Infrastructure
- 2012 Latin America CIO Survey
26 October 2012
Celent Insurer Peer Networking Event: Insurance Innovation: Preparing Now for Future Challenges
1 November 2012
Seventh Annual Model Insurer Awards
30 November 2012
Third Annual Model Insurer Asia Awards
20 February 2013
2013 Innovation & Insight Day
14 March 2013
Model Insurer Asia 2013
For more information on any of the above events, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1.617.262.3120.
Participate in Celent Research
Celent is currently accepting nominations for our Seventh Annual Model Insurer Awards. To nominate an individual or firm, fill out the entry form at http://www.celent.com/node/29652 by November 15, 2012.