Celent Insurance Newsletter, May 2013
From the Senior Vice President
It's hard to believe that it's May already and the conference season is about to begin in North America, with ACORD LOMA in Las Vegas next week and IASA in Washington next month. These events have always been great places to gain knowledge about insurance technologies in a short space of time while trying to work out where the industry may be heading.
So what's our view? We believe that the tipping point around core systems replacement may have been reached. Many insurers now know the direction that they will take (even if they have not yet taken steps to implement it). The strategic questions now being asked are: "How do I get the most value out of my investment?" and, more interestingly, "What comes next?"
I'm excited to announce that our North and Latin American team will be at ACORD LOMA in force to help you answer these questions and to contribute to the debate through sessions on "How Commercial Insurers Can Benefit from Innovations in Personal Insurance," "Social Media in Business: Friend, Foe, or Who Cares?" and "Emerging Technologies to Die For: A View on Levels of Adoption and Future Opportunities for Life and Annuities."
We believe this is a great time to explore innovative uses of technology to enable new business models while being careful not to "govern out" innovation from existing investments. So if you're planning on going to Vegas, please don't hesitate to come and find us (we're located at booth #252). We look forward to seeing you there. If you're not able to attend, then please do pick up the phone to speak to us on these topics; they're a great discussion to have.
Global Senior Vice President, Insurance
Chart of the Month
From the Celent report Social Media Use in North American Insurers
Celent Published Reports
- Insurance in the United Kingdom: The CIO Perspective
- Social Media Use in North American Insurers
- 2013 North America Insurance CIO Survey: Pressures, Priorities -- and Innovation
- Have E-Signatures Finally Arrived? An Update for Life Insurers
- Perceptions and Misconceptions of Big Data in Insurance
- Evaluating the Vendors of Watchlist and Sanctions Solutions
- The Market Dynamics of Claims Fraud Detection
- Claims Systems Vendors: North American P/C Insurance 2013
- How Big Is Big Data?
Research in Progress
- Portal Vendor Spectrum
- North American Insurance Software Deal Trends
- Mobile Apps for Life Insurance in Latin America
- Online Insurance in Japan
2 May 2013
Realizing the ROI of Social Media in Insurance
6-8 May 2013
ACORD LOMA Forum
Las Vegas, Nevada
2-5 June 2013
IASA 2013 Educational Conference and Building Show
15 November 2013
Model Insurer Awards
For more information on any of the above events, contact email@example.com or call +1.617.262.3120.