Celent Securities & Investments Newsletter, February 2012
From the Senior Vice President
Globally, 2011 was a roller coaster ride. The sentiment at the beginning of the year was that the worst of the crisis was behind us, and that we were on the recovery path. But this was a delusion, and reality came back quickly. The news was not a shout of Victory from Athens, but rather a challenge from Marathon.
Nevertheless, it is an exciting time: our industry is facing many challenges from regulatory scrutiny and evolution of market infrastructure, to changes in customer requirements, but the uncertainties also create many opportunities for those who can adapt quickly, implement new business models, and leverage regulatory compliance to enhance the services provided to customers.
Technology will be a central component for success in 2012, but market participants can no longer go on a spending spree. Strategy and technology decisions have to be closely aligned.
With the current level of noise in the industry, it is becoming increasingly difficult to separate rumors from facts (especially if you have a Twitter account). But this is exactly what Celent research has been analyzing throughout the past decade, and it is what we will continue to deliver with our reports.
To capture the complexity of the challenges our customers are facing and will continue to face, Celent has increased its research coverage in the securities and investment space with the addition of four analysts in the past three months. With this reinforcement of our analyst team, you can expect more reports and comments on our blog in 2012. I encourage you to visit our website regularly to check for new updates.
Senior Vice President
Chart of the Month
From the Celent report OTC Derivatives and Trading Platforms in Singapore
Celent Published Reports
- OTC Derivatives and Trading Platforms in Singapore
- Asia's Tale of Two Cities: Hong Kong and Singapore as Financial Gateways
- Electronic Trading Levels in Hong Kong's OTC Markets
- OTC Derivatives in Asia and Latin America: Evolution and Regulation
- North American SnAppshot: Capital Markets and Wealth Management
- Social Media in Wealth Management
- Synthetic Exchange-Traded Funds in Asia-Pacific
- Synthetic Exchange-Traded Funds in Europe
- Wealth Management Vendors in Asia
- Wealth Management IT Spending
- Complex Event Processing in Asia-Pacific
- IT Spending Trends in the Japanese Securities Industry: 2011
- Custom Target-Date Funds
- Execution Management Systems: Complexity on the Rise
- OTC Derivatives Reforms in Asia: Challenging for the Buy Side
- Developments in the Defined Contribution Market
Research in Progress
- Mobility Solutions for Financial Advisors
- FX Market Structure: Benefiting Retail Investors, or Ripping Them Off?
- Outsourcing in Wealth Management
- MiFID II Impact on Fixed Income Markets
1 March 2012
Webinar: Custom Target-Date Funds