Celent Asian Financial Services Newsletter, December 2013
From the Senior Vice President
In a highly competitive market like Asia, where much of the low hanging fruit has already been picked and growing numbers of market entrants are already climbing to the higher branches, innovation has become a crucial differentiator.
Financial institutions face some hurdles. FSI technology is not innovative in nature; it is usually built to facilitate, not drive business growth. In the day-to-day, innovation projects tend to get absorbed by business-as-usual IT. As a result, legacy financial firms are being overtaken by startups, certainly in terms of technology and increasingly in terms of bottom-line business results as well.
How then can financial institutions create and sustain real innovation? This question is at the heart of Celent's research, both our Asia-specific reports and our research on global best practices. Our global innovation survey, featured below, examines how firms are strengthening their innovation capabilities, and how far they still have to go in getting executive leadership and investment focused on supporting innovation.
At Celent, innovation has always been at the focus of our mission to provide — through our research and consulting services — banks, insurers, and capital markets firms with concrete and actionable intelligence on leveraging strategic technology for business growth.
Neil Katkov, PhD
Senior Vice President, Asia
Chart of the Month
From the Celent report Innovation in Financial Services Firms: The Leadership Gap
Celent Published Reports
- Payment Systems Trends in Japan, Part I
- The Future of P2P Lending in China
- B2B Payments in China: The Sky's the Limit
- Core Banking Solutions for Small and Midsize Banks in China: 2013 Update
- Online Insurance in Japan: Seeking Avenues for Greater Growth
- Asia-Pacific Policy Administration Systems 2013: Life, Annuities, and Health ABCD Vendor View
Securities & Investments
- OTC Derivatives in the Advanced Asian Economies: Australia, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand, Singapore
- Indian Mutual Fund Industry: Navigating Through Tumultuous Waters
Research in Progress
- Payment and Settlement Systems Trends in Japan Part II
- Third Party Aggregators in the Japanese Insurance Industry
Securities & Investments
- Wealth Management Technology in China
- Impact of the Internet on the Chinese Financial Industry
February 27, 2014
ACORD Forum Asia
March 13, 2014
Model Insurer Asia Summit 2014
April 3, 2014
2014 Innovation & Insight Day
New York, NY
Shaping Our Agenda
What would you like to see on Celent's research agenda? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your suggestions.