Snap Poll on Insurer's use of EDR (Endpoint Detection and Response) Systems
Available Only for Members of the NA PC Celent Insurance Research Panel
Snap polls reflect questions posed by members of the Celent Executive Research Panel, a group of C level executives in the insurance industry. This question came about from a member who wanted to understand whether and how other insurers were using EDR (Endpoint Detection and Response) systems . This deck provides a summary of the responses to a Snap Poll conducted September 20 – September 25, 2021.21 insurers responded to this survey over the course of 5 days.
The question that was posed was:
This question comes from an insurer who is looking to find a cyber liability carrier. Without EDR implemented, they are finding a difficult time finding cyber liability carriers who will offer the terms and limits needed.
- Do you have an EDR? Which one?
- What year did you implement it?
- How long did it take to implement?
- Has it had any impact on production?
- Has it had any impact on your end user experience?
- Would you buy it again?
- What were your drivers for pursuing EDR?
- Did you have any concerns from the EE base or Management over an active monitoring agent on all laptops?
- Did you require specialized analytic skills to sustain meaningful output of EDR?
- Do you have any other specific cyber software in production?