Insurity's Change of Ownership
25 June 2019
Implications for Insurity and for Its Competitors
As Insurity’s majority ownership structure transitions from three Private Equity firms (TA Associates, General Atlantic, and Genstar) to a single Private Equity firm (GI Partners), a few observations are in order.
The three current owners (and Insurity’s leadership team) can point to some significant achievements. Insurity has rationalized and rebranded its product portfolio (after multiple acquisitions); and is moving towards a common technology infrastructure. It is building on its momentum in the cloud. And it is now committed to expanding its network of SI partners.
GI Partners’ press release mentions its plans to “expand [Insurity’s] leadership in policy administration and related software solutions and leverage GI Partners' experience in add-on acquisitions to help drive organic and inorganic growth.” This raises some interesting questions for Insurity, and for its key competitors:
- Will there be a push for international expansion from the base that Bridge Specialty and Oceanwide Marine have already established?
- Who might be on the target list for add-on acquisitions?
- Will Valen and DataHouse (formerly IEV) be pillars of new growth?
- Will Insurity be able to differentiate its significant cloud presence in an increasingly crowded cloud world?
- How will Insurity build out its platform ecosystem -- while its key competitors are doing the same?
Look for some new initiatives over the next 12 months.