Banking as a Service: Delivering Faster Digital Transformation
Banking as a Service Provides a New Path for Digital Transformation, New Customer Acquisition, and Financial Inclusion
Key research questions
- What are the challenges to banking growth and reaching untapped markets?
- What new business models and product IT platforms will emerge?
- What is banking as a service, and who will adopt it?
Banking as a Service holds great promise for providing community-based financial institutions with a migration path to becoming fully digital financial institutions.
This report assesses the expanding ecosystem of banking business models and IT service delivery models. It then focuses on banking as a service (BaaS), a technology architecture and service delivery model for community-based financial institutions, Big Tech firms, and retailers seeking to offer digital banking services.
The report focuses on:
- The market, business and technology drivers of digital banking in the cloud.
- The current and future evolution of banking business models and IT platforms.
- A detailed examination of BaaS.
- The competitive impact of new banking models on financial institutions.
- The long-term impact on banking and technology markets.