2009 Banking Innovation & Insight Day Roundup
Celent will help qualify your requirements and introduce you to the vendor
Spotted a missing vendor? Use this form to alert a vendor to the Celent service
Create a vendor selection project & run comparison reports
Register to access this feature
Click to express your interest in this report
Indication of coverage against your requirements
A subscription is required to activate this feature. Contact us for more info.
8 June 2009Jacob Jegher
Celent held its 2nd Banking Innovation and Insight Day last Wednesday. The event was a great success, and attendance was up 10% over the 2008 event. That's a mighty impressive feat given current economic conditions. The Celent/Oliver Wyman team delivered very interesting and captivating presentations:
- We opened up with a great presentation by Celent SVP, Bart Narter, who gave a comprehensive summary of the top technology trends in the banking space.
- Celent Senior Analyst, Red Gillen, captivated the audience with his review of the healthcare banking space. This was no easy task as Red's presentation was just after lunch
- Oliver Wyman Partner, Aaron Fine, gave the audience a fresh perspective on deposit gathering
- Mobile Banking for the Masses, moderated by yours truly. Bank Systems & Technology was in the room (along with many other press folks), and published a great piece called Mobile Banking is Now a Must-Have for Banks. This article is a summary of the panel session. 4 great panelists provided their take on the evolution of mobile banking:
- Alternative Payments Go Mainstream, moderated by Bart Narter. This eclectic group provided an innovative take on the payments space and explained how the market is evolving:
Asia-Pacific, EMEA, LATAM, North America