The Capital Markets 2020: In the Eye of Two Storms
6 February 2020
As the capital markets begin a new year, they are facing the confluence of two storms: global macroeconomic volatility and geopolitical unrest and their threats to the global economy on one side, and the disruptive impact of emerging technologies on the other. Together, these forces pose significant challenges—as well as opportunities—to market participants.
In this white paper, Numerix Chief Strategy Officer and EVP of Client Services, Satyam Kancharla, provides his view on these drivers of change and their implications for the current and future state of the capital markets.
Readers will gain insight into:
- The volatile global macroeconomic and geopolitical scene
- Monetary policy uncertainty and related interest rate risk
- Trade wars and their potential impact on global economic growth
- Brexit and the dislocation it could bring to the European capital markets
- The shock the Middle East conflict could bring to the global economy
- The emerging technology scene
- How the electronification of structured products will soon emerge
- How cloud applications are being used for business critical and market data functions
- While AI is still a maturing industry, it is quickly gaining traction as an integral part of business processes across financial institutions
Mr. Kancharla also points out what it will take for firms to remain competitive in 2020 and beyond.
Download this complimentary Paper here: https://www.numerix.com/white-paper/capital-markets-2020-in-the-eye-of-two-storms