Managing Digital Payments Risks: A Regulatory Perspective
The global regulatory landscape has not kept up to speed with payments innovation. Banks are stewards of the global payments system, but find their incumbent position being challenged by competitors.
In the report Managing Digital Payments Risks: A Regulatory Perspective, Celent discusses critical issues in digital payments risk management and regulation. The report includes:
- A proposed payments risks and regulation framework.
- A discussion of payments risks and the goals and objectives of payments regulation.
- A taxonomy of digital payments from a regulatory perspective to categorize new payment offerings and rapidly determine the most critical risk and regulatory implications.
- A set of principles for developing the content of new regulations.
- A set of principles for how the regulations should be applied.
“Rapid innovation in digital payments poses new challenges for regulators and those responsible for managing payments risks,” says Zilvinas Bareisis, Senior Analyst with Celent’s Banking Group and author of the report. “While this report does not call for any specific regulations to be introduced in any given country, the proposed framework and principles should be helpful for banks and regulators around the world as they engage in understanding and managing risks in digital payments.”
This 36-page report contains seven figures and six tables.