Convergence across industries
Create a vendor selection project & run comparison reports
Click to express your interest in this report
Indication of coverage against your requirements
A subscription is required to activate this feature. Contact us for more info.
Celent have reviewed this profile and believe it to be accurate.
26 July 2010Bart Narter
Attending an SAP analyst conference, Dr. Kerstin Geiger raised the issue of convergence, specifically that the boundaries between industries are blurring. We at Celent see this quite strongly in banking. We lots of entries into the banking market from various industries, some of which are quite closely aligned to banking:
- Insurance (USAA and MetLife)
- Brokers (Charles Schwab, Merrill Lynch)
- Supermarkets (Loblaws in Canada and Tesco in UK)
- Retailers (Wal-Mart, Azteca in Mexico)
- Mobile Network Operators (KDDI, Globe Telecom in Philippines)
- Transit operators (Japan Rail, London Transit, Hong Kong Transit)
Asia-Pacific, EMEA, LATAM, North America