What Makes a Cloud a Good Cloud?
Deconstructing Core System Cloud Value Propositions for Insurers and Vendors
This report identifies eight attributes of a cloud deployment of a core system (policy admin, rating, billing, claims) used by property/casualty and general insurers.
- Updates and Upgrades Using Cloud Capabilities
- Highly Elastic
- Robust APIs
- Extensive Microservices
- Can Run in Containers
- Multi-tenant Cloud Deployment
- Deployable in Multiple Public Clouds
- Deployable in Hybrid Cloud
The report discusses the attributes’ advantages, disadvantages, and value propositions for four groups:
- Insurer IT
- Insurer Business Operations
- Software Vendor
- Cloud Managed Services Provider.
Lastly, the report provides an evaluation grid that can be used by the two insurer groups and by the two vendor groups as they assess the value provided by each cloud deployment attribute.