Ace buys Chubb: what it means for insurance technology
Create a vendor selection project & run comparison reports
Click to express your interest in this report
Indication of coverage against your requirements
A subscription is required to activate this feature. Contact us for more info.
Celent have reviewed this profile and believe it to be accurate.
1 July 2015Donald Light
Today’s blockbuster announcement of Ace buying Chubb will have a lot of industry ramifications—some of which will play out in the IT sphere. No doubt there has already been an IT assessment element in each insurer’s due diligence efforts. Between now and the effective date of the merger, there will be a lot of planning focused on:
- Efficiencies and platform rationalization--aka “let’s figure out what is the right number of core systems, which core systems will be the survivors, and how data conversion and integration will work”
- Cloud, SaaS, data management/stores, and analytics
- Professional service and SI support capabilities that can scale to the new Chubb
- Which systems will best support a digital roadmap
- Design highly configurable and agile systems that feature ease of integration
- Have enough scale to meet the needs of bigger and bigger insurer customers—grow, merge, or wither
Industry or Business Focus
Asia-Pacific, EMEA, LATAM, North America