Demystifying Artificial Intelligence in Insurance: The Tools Supporting Data Science and the Rise of DataOps
Artificial Intelligence is of increasing importance in insurance and insurers are hiring for or creating Data Scientist position to leverage this opportunity. The route to creating AI applications relies on Data Science.
Key research questions
- What is the data science pipeline, and why is it important for an AI strategy?
- What is DataOps and what benefits does it bring?
- How can the insurance industry reap the full benefits of Data Science?
In this report, we discuss the Data Science workflow, from gathering requirements for the activity through to deploying the output and monitoring it. This workflow is amenable to automation, a topic increasingly referred to as DataOps. DataOps is a sibling of DevOps for Data Science, which aims to allow more effective industrialisation of Data Science in practice, through:
- Improved repeatability of findings
- Reduced time to identifying actionable insights
- Decreased time to impact