Trends and Technology Innovation in the UK Mortgage Market
Europe’s Largest Market Is Attracting Increased Technology Investment and Innovation
The UK residential mortgage lending market is large and attractive to financial institutions based on the large transaction sizes and revenue per loan they provide and linkages to banking and insurance product cross-sell opportunities. However, lending processes are complex, and many lenders have legacy mortgage loan origination systems. It is imperative that financial institutions have strategies to modernize their core lending technology to keep pace with other areas of the bank, with customer expectations, and with the competition.
For financial institutions, this analysis of the UK mortgage lending and loan origination technology markets:
- Presents survey results of mortgage lender technology investment priorities, illustrates the imperative for greater digital mortgage technology investment, and assesses incumbent and new core loan origination system (LOS) vendors.
- Segments the lender landscape in the UK mortgage market, and evaluates the entire ecosystem of potential vendor partners.
For vendors and systems integrators, this report:
- Provides an analysis of the size, segmentation, and technology purchase requirements of the UK mortgage market for technology and service providers.
- Assesses the market opportunity (lender level of need/propensity to buy) and areas of market entry opportunity.
- Prioritizes, for new market entrants, the beachhead market segments and needed lender capabilities, by channel (broker-led, online, retail branch).