Webinar: Why financial institutions should consider transforming their payment processing capability into a business
2 February 2023
Today’s payment processing ecosystem forces banks and other payment processing service providers to rethink their strategy. Increased competition, fragmentation of services and products, ever-more stringent regulations, new technology and geopolitical pressures have made the payments ecosystem complex, costly and difficult to navigate for all players involved.
Icon Solutions asked Celent to investigate this topic. The research clearly indicates an increased level of ‘unbearable cost pressure’: 86% of banks find margins on payments challenging to maintain – which is a significant increase from 59% of banks in 2021. A similar picture emerges in a McKinsey study into the cost and revenues of payment services for financial institution by the Dutch Payments Association. In 2021, payment services were loss making. Something’s gotta give!
In this webinar, Esther Groen – Head of Payments Consultancy at Icon Solutions, Gijs Boudewijn – Managing Director at the Dutch Payments Association, and Kieran Hines – Principal Analyst at Celent will discuss:
- The challenges that Financial Institutions face in today’s European payment processing ecosystem
- What can we learn from the Dutch – one of the most efficient payment processing ecosystems in Europe
- Why the time is right to transform your payment processing capabilities into a business
- Esther Groen, Head of Payments Consultancy, Icon Solutions
- Gijs Boudewijn, General Manager, Dutch Payments Association
- Kieran Hines, Principal Analyst, Celent
- Melisande Mual, Publisher and Managing Director, The Paypers
Corporate Banking, Retail Banking
Asia-Pacific, EMEA, LATAM, North America