Kadena is a hybrid blockchain company spun out of JP Morgan. It's co-founders were the creators of JP Morgan's first blockchain - Juno which was used in production for 2200 JP Morgan clients. Kadena provides both proprietary licensed and open-source free-to use blockchain technology that is differentiated in being highly scalable, interoperable, safer and easier to use than other blockchains. Kadena both provides licensing of its technology for clients and third parties to build solutions upon as well as consulting, co-creation and venture services.
Kadena has a number of technology offerings:
- A highly scalable proprietary permissioned blockchain (as opposed to DLT), built on the foundation of the JP Morgan Juno blockchain, capable of throughput of 8,000 TPS across 500 nodes
- A free-to-use permissioned blockchain which is open-source, built on the Tenderment blockchain which integrates into the Cosmos network
- An open-source public network that can be used by anyone in the world today
- An open-source smart contract language which is differentiated through being easier to use, incorporating human-readable code and automatic bug detection
We have a number of clients today, who have either built on the technology themselves or have entered into a joint venture arrangement to co-create industry solutions which are being taken to market. These are in the domains of financial services (retail banking, fund management), insurance, healthcare and supply chain.
Key clients engagements include:
* Provider directory data management for a tier 1 healthcare client
* Implementation of track and trace with Rymedi - a life sciences and pharmaceuticals tracking company
* US Commodity Funds investments LLC - a $3bn AUM fund manager