Duck Creek Technologies
Duck Creek Technologies LLC (“Duck Creek’) provides an industry-leading suite of core software solutions to P&C insurers, including policy administration, rating, claims, billing, analytics and reporting, and digital engagement solutions. The Duck Creek Suite is a complete end-to-end offering that addresses the full insurance lifecycle. It can be deployed in full, or its components can be implemented as best-in-class standalone solutions. Our Platform empowers insurance providers to define, develop, sell, and service innovative insurance products through unsurpassed speed, reach, quality, and flexibility. Moreover, we provide this in both on-premises and SaaS (Duck Creek OnDemand) models.
At Duck Creek, our more than 1,200 dedicated full-time employees are insurance and technology professionals who focus on the development, maintenance, and implementation of the Duck Creek Platform and the solutions that run on it. As a powerful team of industry leaders in insurance technology, we work with customers of all sizes and have extensive experience meeting the needs of all tiers and segments of the P&C industry.
In addition, we have built an ecosystem of systems integration partners to address the needs of our customers in implementation and ongoing maintenance of the Duck Creek platform. We also partner with other technology and software solution vendors that complement and enhance the capabilities of our products, providing increased value to our customers.
The Duck Creek Platform
The Duck Creek Platform is the technical foundation for all of our products. Inherent openness, configurability, and common functionality across Duck Creek applications speeds and simplifies processes, fosters transparency across functions, and brings more and better information to bear on every decision more quickly. Benefits include:
- Cloud choice. While being ready for the cloud is important, your technology decisions need to add value today and down the road. Whether you choose to run the Duck Creek Platform within your datacenter or with Duck Creek OnDemand fully managed services, its portability and cloud flexibility ensure its value no matter where you run it in the future.
Codeless configuration. At the heart of the Duck Creek Platform is a philosophy and commitment to externalize the rules that make your business unique from the code of your core platform. This overriding technical philosophy drives our technical architecture and unifies our product strategy. The following areas can easily be changed by business users:
- Release cycle management: requirements, documentation, and testing; rapid product configuration and updates; product, project, and task management
- Management configuration: organization, forms, tasks, groups; automated assignment, financial authority, supplier management
- Open architecture. In today’s insurance market, every transaction, workflow, and decision must be informed by as much data and knowledge as possible. Openness is critical to a carrier’s success. Allowing carriers to choose from the best set of available services quickly, easily, and affordably creates the best possible outcomes for their insureds and their business.
- Future-ready solutions. At the heart of the Duck Creek Platform is a philosophy and commitment to externalize the rules that make your business unique from the code of your core platform. This overriding technical philosophy drives our technical architecture and unifies our product strategy.
Single point of change. The following areas can be easily managed and changed by business and IT users throughout all solutions with a single entry:
- Complete product definition environment: rating, rules, screens, forms, and workflows; regression testing and product modeling; database, warehouse, and analytics support
- Management configuration: user interface displays, valid values, expressions; rules, processes, events, data
The overall architecture is a modern, three-tiered stack, providing (logical or physical) (separation or unification) of a web tier, an application tier, and a database tier. The web tier provides a web-based rating user interface. The application tier consists of the business and application components and services providing the functionality that supports all aspects of selling and servicing insurance products in addition to end-to-end claims processing. Additional access channels can leverage the full scope of existing business processing capabilities through service level interactions to decrease time to market and achieve consistency of business processing/rules. Integration to enterprise systems or third-party vendors is supported through point-to-point service level interactions and through enterprise messaging protocols. View logic and business logic are loosely coupled and can be tested independently, providing flexibility in automated testing solutions. The data tier houses referential, transactional, and operational data for system operations, and runs on the Microsoft® SQL Server platform.
Our future-ready architecture provides clear separation between customers’ insurance product definitions (Intellectual Property or IP) and Duck Creek Platform code. This separation allows for solution upgrades to be installed without reworking defined insurance products.