CompatibL is a software vendor specializing in risk, limits, and regulatory capital. We provide a unique blend of quantitative and engineering expertise combined with an award-winning risk platform. Our customers are some of the most respected firms in the financial industry including four major derivatives dealers, 3 supranationals, over 25 central banks, and 3 major financial technology vendors.
CompatibL started operations in 2003 with a project to implement a real time limit management application for a major US bank. The system went live in the beginning of 2004 in New York, London, and Tokyo, and remains in production today. Over its 17 year history, CompatibL remained independent and free of pressures that come with venture capital and outside shareholders. We only answer to our customers, and nobody else.
Today, CompatibL employs over 200 people whose only focus is trading and risk management. Unlike some of our competitors, we do not do social apps, video games, websites, or logistics. We do one thing only, and do it well.
Proven track record
• CompatibL is a leading provider of market and credit risk solutions for the financial industry
• CompatibL has delivered over 140 enterprise software projects for 85 financial institutions worldwide
• CompatibL is an accredited Murex business partner for the past 7 years delivered complex system integrations for Murex clients.
Built with the right technology
• CompatibL Risk Platform is built using true serverless cloud technologies including AWS Fargate, Lambda, Step Functions and Azure Functions allowing firms to leverage the full benefits of the cloud in reducing the development and operational costs of the enterprise risk solution.
• CompatibL Risk Platform is based on microservices architecture to be deployed on-premises or transferred to a cloud with minimal development efforts.
Recognized industry expertise
• From day one, CompatibL mission has been to combine quant and engineering expertise in one team and that is what makes CompatibL so effective in developing software solutions for the financial industry.
• CompatibL Risk Platform has won industry recognition including two back to back Risk Vendor of the Year Awards in 2017 and 2018 by Risk.net.
• CompatibL is an industry thought leader whose quantitative research program has produced multiple innovations in models and numerical methods for counterparty credit risk, settlement risk, risk premia in the yield curve, adjoint algorithmic differentiation, and many others.
Flexible and agile approach
• A flexible approach allows to meet the specific requirements and implement them in a live system, easily enhancing and developing the solution as requirements and regulators change and evolve.
• CompatibL uses agile software development methodology providing the stakeholders an ability to be closely involved in the project, have transparency, predictability of costs and schedule, focus on business values and users, ability to change and scale.
Understanding the market
• CompatibL successfully delivers and maintains market and credit risk solutions for financial institutions from APAC, EMEA, and the USA, including banks and asset managers.
CompatibL was founded in 2003 by Alexander Sokol, winner of the Risk Quant of the Year Award and a seasoned technology executive who, prior to founding CompatibL, was founder and CTO of Numerix. Alexander continues to serve today as CompatibL’s Executive Chairman.
It is an old adage in the quant community that most quants can’t code, and most engineers can’t do math. From day one, CompatibL’s goal was to be the exception to this rule. We hire and train quants who also know a lot about software engineering, and we hire and train software engineers who have in-depth knowledge of math and quant models. Combining quant and engineering expertise in one team is what makes CompatibL so effective in developing software for the financial industry.
When other vendors build trading and risk solutions, more often than not the models and the application are developed separately and then fitted together. At CompatibL, we design our models from the ground up so that they work well within the application, and design the application so that it works well with the models.
Our software has won widespread industry recognition, including two back to back Risk Vendor of the Year Awards for our market and credit risk solution, CompatibL Risk.
• Market and credit risk solutions
• Custom software development services for financial institutions
• Model validation consultancy